Corporate Social Responsibility
Value Partners Group is committed to good corporate citizenship. In addition to providing financial support to charity organizations, we encourage our employees to participate in community services and to contribute to our society. Our activities to engage with different community groups are steered by our Recreation Committee, guided by our Human Resources team.
In February 2017, Value Partners Group awarded the Caring Company logo award by Hong Kong Council of Social Service, in recognition of its commitment to and performance in corporate social responsibility (“CSR”).
Environment and natural resources
Promoting conservation and environmental sustainability has become a key priority for Value Partners Group as it further expands. The Group seeks to become one of the most resource-efficient and ecologically sustainable asset managers in the world by introducing more green policies to reduce carbon emissions and increase energy efficiency.
During 2015, the Group continued to make endeavors in lowering energy consumption, cutting paper usage and improving indoor air quality. Key initiatives and accreditations for the year are listed below:
- Energy-saving initiatives
- The Group’s Hong Kong office has been equipped with light-emitting diode (“LED”) lighting since 2015, which helps reducing electricity consumption and keeps office temperature at a reasonable level.
- Timer switches for controlling lighting were installed. Lighting will automatically go out after office hours unless the “extender” button was clicked.
- Paperless initiatives
- Effective 1 September 2015, mailing of the Group’s monthly fund factsheets were ceased and replaced by the provision of electronic files on the Group’s website.
- In 2017, the Group recycled 6,954 kilograms of waste paper, which is equivalent to reducing the emission of 33,380 kilograms of carbon dioxide.
- Air quality initiatives
- New electronic thermometers for air-conditioners were installed to uphold high standard of air quality in office. Frequent and regular cleaning of air-conditioners and ventilation system were also in place.
- Accreditations obtained
- Awarded the Wastewi$e certificate in 2017 and 2018. The Wastewi$e Certificate is established to encourage Hong Kong businesses and organisations in adopting measures to reduce the amount of waste generated within their establishments or generated through the services and products they provide and recognise the waste reduction efforts of those companies.