Cyber Security Awareness
Beware of Fraudulent Website, Emails and Application
- Please be reminded to be vigilant of any fraudulent websites and emails which seek to pass off as the Company’s website. Value Partners Group’s official websites are https://www.valuepartners-group.com/ . If you suspect the website you visit is not our official website, please contact our Customer Service Department at Hong Kong +852 2880 9263 immediately.
- Please always download our mobile app on Google Play (for Android devices) and Apple App Store (for Apple IOS devices) and login when you want to perform online activities or trading.
- Clients should not access any trading platform via the hyperlinks embedded in the emails sent to you from any unknown source or third party.
- Under no circumstance the company will send out emails asking for or verifying clients’ personal information, for example username, password, identity number etc.
- Clients should always stay alert to any possible online frauds to avoid unnecessary loss.
- Clients should always be aware of any “business opportunity”, including receiving or holding money for strangers, to avoid fall for money-laundering scams.
How to protect yourself?
Keep your username and password protected
- Never disclose your password to anyone including our staff, in any case, we will never ask you for disclosing such information.
- Avoid using the same details which you use to access other web services, such as internet site, email etc.
- Never use easy to guess password, such as birthday, phone numbers, ID number or repeated numeric combination.
- Never write down your password and reveal to anyone.
- Always change your password regularly.
Keep your personal devices protected
- Set the password to avoid other people access into your devices.
- Install and regularly update anti-virus software, anti-spyware software, personal firewall and security updates for browsers to protect your devices from viruses and malicious programs.
- Please strengthen your network security settings if you assess our online trading platform service via wireless network.
Keep your online trading protected
- Avoid log-in to your account by using public and shared devices. Make sure no one can see your user name and password when you log-in to online trading platform.
- Always log off when you finish using the service or you will be away from your devices. Exit the browser application after log off is recommended.
- Always clear the cache and history in your browser and make sure your account information is removed after using our online service.
Verify the secure site
- To verify the security certificate of Value Partners Group, please click the “padlock” at top right hand corner of the site.
Update your contact information
- Always update us with your latest personal contact information.
Check your account and transaction history details
- If there is a transaction took place in your account, such as buy/sell, deposit/withdraw or dividend etc., an electronic statement will be issued to you. Always check your account statements regularly to identify any unusual transactions, and then report any unusual transaction in your statement to us immediately.
Contact us immediately for any suspicious
- If you suspect any unauthorized access or transactions, please promptly contact our Customer Service Department at Hong Kong +852 2880 9263.
Last updated: September 2022