Personal data collection
In the course of doing business and/or operating this website, Value Partners Group Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “VP”, “the Company”) may from time to time require you to supply your personal data for the purposes of opening or continuing portfolio accounts and in the establishment or continuation of investment management and advisory services by the Company.
Failure to supply such data may result in VP being unable to provide investment management and advisory services for your individual circumstances.
VP collects personal data on investors, clients, intermediaries and business contacts via application forms, other VP forms, investment management agreements, correspondence, business cards, phone, fax, e-mail and on-line. Personal data collected includes, but not limited to name and address, date and country of birth, occupation, nationality, identity card, contact details and details of financial status.
Additional data may also be collected at VP’s websites which include, but is not limited to, the IP address of the visitor’s personal computer; the country from which the inquiry is made, certain personal or contact details of the visitor, client identification details.
Purpose and use of personal data
Personal data collected from you may be used by VP within or outside Hong Kong, for the purposes of providing investment management and advisory services and direct marketing. The usage of the personal data may depend upon your relationship with VP, which include but not limited to:
- the processing of an application for an account with VP
- the daily operation of the investment management and advisory services provided to clients
- the marketing of financial services or related products subject to your right to object to such use
- meeting the disclosures, reporting and compliance requirements of any law or regulation, codes , guidelines binding on the Company.
VP intends to use your personal data in direct marketing with your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, your name, contact details held by VP from time to time may be used by VP in direct marketing of financial services or products offered by VP or co-branded partners. You have the right to object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes. VP will cease to use your data for direct marketing purposes without charge if you so request.
Data held by the Company relating to you will be kept confidential but the Company may from time to time provide information to the following parties for the above purposes:
- Any agent or third party service provider who provides administrative or securities clearing or other services to VP in connection with the operation of its business including the trustee, investment manager, registrar, transfer agent, the custodian, administrative service agent, and the auditor of each product offered by VP;
- Any party (including but not limited to, any local or foreign governmental, tax or regulatory authority or court of competent jurisdiction) entitled thereto by law or regulation or in response to a regulatory request;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to VP including all subsidiaries and affiliates of VP which has undertaken to keep such information confidential.
Personal information security
VP is committed to keeping secure the personal data you provide to VP. VP takes all reasonable precautions to protect the personal data VP holds about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Rights relating to Personal Data under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong (“Ordinance”)
Pursuant to the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- check whether VP holds any personal data about you, and to access such data, at a reasonable fee;
- request any inaccurate personal data to be corrected;
- ascertain VP policies and practices relating to personal data, including the type of personal data VP holds and the main purpose for holding such data and
- exercise your opt-out right if you do not wish VP to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
All such requests should be in writing and directed to:
The Compliance Officer
Value Partners Group Limited
9th Floor, Nexxus Building,
41 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong